Interested in this profile?
575€/dayPROPOSE A MISSION
Jun 2015 - May 2017
• US Securities Monitor:
‣ Wrote a custom Python program to create a daily PDF report for US securities law firms to summarise statistically significant stock price decreases from the previous trading day
‣ Created a stock news API, which scraped many top news websites and categorised news articles to specific stock tickers in a PostgreSQL DB
‣ Wrote an extensive keyword analysis tool for the report using nltk. Enabling users to search stock ticker specific news for simple and more complicated keyword patterns
‣ Heavily refactored the code to go from local execution to a more flexible and customisable web based API/platform for clients
‣ Created vector based graphs and plots using matplotlib. Used LaTeX for the creation of automated PDF reports
• Fiduciary Report:
‣ Authored a tool for US fiduciaries to uphold their responsibilities set out by the US Supreme Court
‣ Implemented a test for market efficiency/inefficiency, based on metrics obtained from Bloomberg API, and statistical tests on stock price
‣ Used pandas/SciPy to test for autocorrelation of stock returns
• Strategised marketing approaches for the launch and dissemination of the platform with US law firms and fiduciaries
• A broad and comphrensive experience in providing expert consulting work for prestigious US law firms:
‣ US Treasury Auction Fixing - created custom Monte Carlo simulations to detect anomalous price movements around auction closes using Python/pandas/SciPy/matplotlib
‣ 10b5 securities fraud cases - provided export reports for US law firms pre-case
‣ US pharmaceutical industry work - provided large scale data analysis of drug pricing data used to source cases of US price fixing
• Created a custom Python module to backtest and model the performance of simulated portfolios under numerous trading strategy ideas, using both qualitative and quantitative data
• Automated many daily tasks for the company saving hundreds of man hours, using libraries such as PyAutoGUI
Jan 2018 - May 2017
Jun 2014 - Nov 2014
* Assisted in genome wide mosquito-malaria association resistance research. Involved the independent prioritisation of various delegated computational and practical problems from a diverse range of ongoing projects assessed by time and overall importance.
* Applied a thorough understanding of large scale data sets in order to analyse and reveal the underlying narrative to be applied to further novel computational work flows. Then executed further practical molecular based applications upon these findings.
* Strong adherence to a dynamic schedule with the handling of project critical task time scales and deadlines.
Oct 2011 - Nov 2014
* Established my own PR, corporate, and events photography business. Supplied press ready photographs to national newspapers.
* Tailoring of the photographic services I provide on a case by case basis to meet the individual requirements of clients.
* First hand experience with the importance of delivering upon strict client deadlines, and the optimal way to do so.
JOIN FOR FREE TO ACCESS OUR FULL FREELANCER CATALOGUE!GET STARTED